Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Turbo Monkey

No more DH bikes from Orange

Orange bikes have announced that they are no longer manufacturing DH bikes/frames.
    Sad times.

2. Advertisement - Log in or Register to hide this ad
    Chimp
    The 322 already disappeared from the site. What a bummer.

Over the last couple of years Orange dropped all the gems in their range: Msisle, 26" Five and now Orange 322.

I don't get it....
    Racing 99% is always faster than racing 105%. The trick is not to go 95%.

The 26" five is stille avalaible?!

Where does it say they won't be?
    Not on their Facebook or Website...it just doesn't list the DH bikes on the site.
    Last edited by supercow; 10-10-2013 at 01:48 AM.

Turbo Monkey
    The 322 is actually an awful bike, with every iteration of the 22x lineup they tried to make them less horribly regressive and then finally when they managed to get it just over dead linear, they went ahead and heavily dropped the main pivot thereby cancelling out any marginal benefits of the new shock rate plus making it pedal terribly.

I'm just not sure those guys have any idea what they're doing, and they're fighting in a market where many brands are getting increasingly more clued up.

The Five, as much as I hate to say it, is an incredibly fun bike to ride, particularly fitted with a CCDB.

Monkey
    Whenever I think of Peaty, I think of Orange. Then I immediately get pissed off and ask how a company can make a single pivot frame that hasn't changed in 10 years and sell it for $3,200.

Bring back the 222 and slap an idler on it would be better start.

Quote Originally Posted by Udi View Post
    The 322 is actually an awful bike, with every iteration of the 22x lineup they tried to make them less horribly regressive and then finally when they managed to get it just over dead linear, they went ahead and heavily dropped the main pivot thereby cancelling out any marginal benefits of the new shock rate plus making it pedal terribly.

I'm just not sure those guys have any idea what they're doing, and they're fighting in a market where many brands are getting increasingly more clued up.
    But, but, but.....it was in the Dirt 100 and Steve Jones likes it.....so it must be very, very good!

Quote Originally Posted by iRider View Post
    But, but, but.....it was in the Dirt 100 and Steve Jones likes it.....so it must be very, very good!
    How can you tell, reading any of his articles leaves me baffled, as opposed to being informed.

Turbo Monkey
    Steve Jones is a good rider and tester, and his writing style is such that you have the pleasure of reading the article multiple times to gather his full meaning, enhancing your enjoyment of the magazine...

I am personally saddened to see Orange drop their DH bike, but at least they are still making rad trail bikes. We have seen the near extinction of "built at home" boutique brands over the past decade, and as a bike geek that kinda sucks.
    Banshee Legend Mk2 for Sale here
    pumptrackproject.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pslide View Post
    Steve Jones is a good rider and tester, and his writing style is such that you have the pleasure of reading the article multiple times to gather his full meaning, enhancing your enjoyment of the magazine...
    Agreed. I found that after reading a few of his articles it was pretty easy to understand the context of what he was saying. Sure there are better writers and better riders, but not that many that strike the balance that Jones does.
    Last edited by Dogboy; 10-10-2013 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy View Post
    Agreed. I found that after reading a few of his articles it was pretty easy to understand the context of what he was saying. Sure there are better writers and better riders, but not that many that strike the balance that Jones does.
    I'm sure pslide was being ironic

this makes me happy
    IG: kittykittymeow666

Quote Originally Posted by supercow View Post
    I'm sure pslide was being ironic
    Maybe about his writing style, but probably not about the fact that he is a good rider/tester. I honestly don't struggle to get what he is saying and it is usually very nuanced.