Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 145
  1. #1
    Turbo Monkey
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,064
    Rep Power
    6

    No more DH bikes from Orange

    Orange bikes have announced that they are no longer manufacturing DH bikes/frames.
    Sad times.

  2. Advertisement - Log in or Register to hide this ad
  3. #2
    Chimp
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    76
    Rep Power
    5
    The 322 already disappeared from the site. What a bummer.

    Over the last couple of years Orange dropped all the gems in their range: Msisle, 26" Five and now Orange 322.

    I don't get it....
    Racing 99% is always faster than racing 105%. The trick is not to go 95%.

  4. #3
    Turbo Monkey Mo(n)arch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Italy/south Tyrol
    Posts
    1,884
    Rep Power
    3
    The 26" five is stille avalaible?!

  5. #4
    Monkey supercow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    621
    Rep Power
    3
    Where does it say they won't be?
    Not on their Facebook or Website...it just doesn't list the DH bikes on the site.
    Last edited by supercow; 10-10-2013 at 01:48 AM.

  6. #5
    Turbo Monkey
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,213
    Rep Power
    6
    The 322 is actually an awful bike, with every iteration of the 22x lineup they tried to make them less horribly regressive and then finally when they managed to get it just over dead linear, they went ahead and heavily dropped the main pivot thereby cancelling out any marginal benefits of the new shock rate plus making it pedal terribly.

    I'm just not sure those guys have any idea what they're doing, and they're fighting in a market where many brands are getting increasingly more clued up.

  7. #6
    Monkey supercow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    621
    Rep Power
    3
    The Five, as much as I hate to say it, is an incredibly fun bike to ride, particularly fitted with a CCDB.

  8. #7
    Monkey
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    231
    Rep Power
    4
    Whenever I think of Peaty, I think of Orange. Then I immediately get pissed off and ask how a company can make a single pivot frame that hasn't changed in 10 years and sell it for $3,200.

  9. #8
    Turbo Monkey no skid marks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    2,387
    Rep Power
    5
    Bring back the 222 and slap an idler on it would be better start.

  10. #9
    Turbo Monkey iRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,118
    Rep Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Udi View Post
    The 322 is actually an awful bike, with every iteration of the 22x lineup they tried to make them less horribly regressive and then finally when they managed to get it just over dead linear, they went ahead and heavily dropped the main pivot thereby cancelling out any marginal benefits of the new shock rate plus making it pedal terribly.

    I'm just not sure those guys have any idea what they're doing, and they're fighting in a market where many brands are getting increasingly more clued up.
    But, but, but.....it was in the Dirt 100 and Steve Jones likes it.....so it must be very, very good!

  11. #10
    Monkey supercow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    621
    Rep Power
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by iRider View Post
    But, but, but.....it was in the Dirt 100 and Steve Jones likes it.....so it must be very, very good!
    How can you tell, reading any of his articles leaves me baffled, as opposed to being informed.

  12. #11
    Turbo Monkey
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Feet on the ground, head in the clouds.
    Posts
    1,380
    Rep Power
    7
    Steve Jones is a good rider and tester, and his writing style is such that you have the pleasure of reading the article multiple times to gather his full meaning, enhancing your enjoyment of the magazine...

    I am personally saddened to see Orange drop their DH bike, but at least they are still making rad trail bikes. We have seen the near extinction of "built at home" boutique brands over the past decade, and as a bike geek that kinda sucks.
    Banshee Legend Mk2 for Sale here
    pumptrackproject.com

  13. #12
    Turbo Monkey Dogboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Posts
    2,765
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Pslide View Post
    Steve Jones is a good rider and tester, and his writing style is such that you have the pleasure of reading the article multiple times to gather his full meaning, enhancing your enjoyment of the magazine...
    Agreed. I found that after reading a few of his articles it was pretty easy to understand the context of what he was saying. Sure there are better writers and better riders, but not that many that strike the balance that Jones does.
    Last edited by Dogboy; 10-10-2013 at 06:42 AM.

  14. #13
    Monkey supercow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    621
    Rep Power
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy View Post
    Agreed. I found that after reading a few of his articles it was pretty easy to understand the context of what he was saying. Sure there are better writers and better riders, but not that many that strike the balance that Jones does.
    I'm sure pslide was being ironic

  15. #14
    Monkey blindboxx2334's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sacramento Area
    Posts
    594
    Rep Power
    1
    this makes me happy
    IG: kittykittymeow666

  16. #15
    Turbo Monkey Dogboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Posts
    2,765
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by supercow View Post
    I'm sure pslide was being ironic
    Maybe about his writing style, but probably not about the fact that he is a good rider/tester. I honestly don't struggle to get what he is saying and it is usually very nuanced.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •