Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Gloveless You Say? kidwoo's Guide To Bltchin' Grips

I go gloveless at times, so thanks for this. I ride the Sensus, & it is AWESOME

http://blistergearreview.com/gear-re...oing-gloveless

Yo woo, are the Free Agents as thick as Rogues? A lil thinner?

2. Advertisement - Log in or Register to hide this ad
    Press Button, Receive Stupid jonKranked's Avatar
    i don't ride gloveless except for bmx. the 661 raji's are about the thinnest gloves i've been able to find. last time i bought them i got 3 pairs.
    set your sarcasm meter to Level 4:butt hurt

Monkey
    Wow! Wasn't expecting that..Just goes to show, We're all different, eh?
    I ride pretty much every day.. a mixture of Roadbike, MTB XC, DJ, DH and BMX and absolutely hate gloves on any bike even in sub zero conditions, in the last few years I've only worn gloves (thin troy lee's) for DH races where there was a safety rule forcing me to (and ironically, causing me not to be able to ride safely). but I've gotta say I hate mushroom grips even moar than I hate gloves! even hated those in the 80s on BMX.. I find that ribbed movement thing they do ****ing horrible!

on all my MTBs I just use Ruffian lock-on's, Don't like a brand new set much at all but the more you ride them gloveless the more your sweat destroys them, making them nice and thin quickly, and all that sweat gives them a nice tacky feel eventually too.
    If I can I try to scrounge part worn S/H ruffians so you don't have to go through too much of a breaking in period to have them feel right.. (thinner, firmer and more worn the better for me)

I ****ing hate gloves, so I have tried many grips trying to find something decent. Trials foam grips are the best grip for gloveless. Good friction no matter how slippery your hands get and my calluses don't grow nearly as fast. I have them on all my bikes now. They don't last long, but they don't cost much either. GT is making some now, the bmx places should have them.
    Why are you getting all defensive, Hitler?

Monkey
    foam grips? yeeew!! no thanks!

once you have them, Calluses are good!

I ride glove less and my all time favorite grip is the Sunline Thin Grips, too bad they stopped making them When I heard they were going out of business I bought the last two sets that QBP had, I think I still have a pair floating around somewhere.

I do want to give the Sensus grips a try though.
    Last edited by mattmatt86; 06-12-2013 at 04:51 PM.

I can't ride gloveless - humid area and I sweat a lot regardless. But, the Deity Enoki's are awesome without gloves. Just wish I could ride them that way.

No best seat for riding pantless, no care.
    She doesn't say much, she just pours my drinks. She doesn't care what the good lord thinks.

Usually kidwoo knows wtf he's talking about, but I disagree with the whole shroom grip thing. The squirminess is awful, with or without gloves, and being a gloveless rider most of my life, I hate that exaggerated throttle grip sensation once they are wet. Ruffians are my go to for no gloves. That or the specialized whatevertheyares.

Monkey
    I judge the hell out of a man with soft hands.

Quote Originally Posted by 4130biker View Post
    ...I disagree with the whole shroom grip thing. The squirminess is awful, with or without gloves...
    samesies. i hate gloves as well and so far the best grip i've found for gloveless is the ODI TLD. that said, the best glove i've found for people who hate gloves is the jonKranked approved 661 raji, although the dakine concept is supposed to be great for those who hate.

Hm. I also hate shroom grips for the squirminess, and basically tend to see gloves as the lesser of two evils as compared to getting normal grips all sweaty and nasty feeling. I've been running ODI Rogues forever (XL-XXL glove, I need something big) but maybe it's time to try the TLDs?

I hate people who ride gloveless.

Gloves why would you ever need those? It's like like you get branches and outcropping scrapping your hands all the time! And of course you NEVER fall and scrap your hands, no way, never. Totally not worth wearing gloves.

That's one of the 2 biggest reason I like MX
    1. I never hear anyone mention riding without gloves
    2. I never hear anyone complain about scratches on their bike
    Last edited by gemini2k; 06-12-2013 at 08:33 PM.
    For Sale
    All Brand New!
    Marzocchi 2014 380 DH fork ON SALE!!

Want to make ANY grip totally bitchin' bro? Wear some damn gloves.
    "It won't happen again. I can promise you that. Willie here has low blood sugar. That's all."

Celebrating No-Pants Day kidwoo's Avatar
    I hate mushroom grips too. That's why they're not in that list.

The ones that are don't feel like those weird ass funny shape bulging things from the past. I hate those too.

I honestly have no idea how anyone rides for any length of time gloveless with ruffians though.
    Strava: turn off your dork logger when you're not on sanctioned trails, numbnuts.

Switchacks = woodland based crimes against humanity