Turbo Monkey

Opanda Exif (Nikon Users)

If you are wondering how many pictures your camera has taken please follow these instructions:

Steps to Check a Nikon Digital SLR Camera Shutter Count

1- Using your Nikon camera, take a picture in JPEG format. RAW formatted images won’t work with Opanda IExif.

2- Transfer that picture from your camera to your personal computer.

3- Download Opanda IExif. Double click the setup file to install it and click the Panda icon on the desktop to run it.

4- Select the “Open” menu icon. Choose the photo that you have taken before. Your picture will be shown on top left of the interface.

5- Select the “Summary” tab.

6- Scroll down until you reach the “MakerNote (Nikon)” section. Scroll down a little bit more until you find the “Total Number of Shutter Releases for Camera” attribute. A number will be shown next to this attribute. That my friend, is your Nikon Digital SLR shutter count.

FYI, you will only get your shutter count from an Unedited Picture, if you edited a pic (resized anything) it will not display the Shutter count....

i'm @ 6885 photos on my D300
    Ride Or Die!

2. Advertisement - Log in or Register to hide this ad
    none for mac? Could I send someone a picture to tell me how many pictures I have taken?

i just have my camera assign serial numbers to each image taken...it rolls over at 9999 but it's not too hard to figure out how many times that's happened.

The voice of reason binary visions's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by narlus View Post
    i just have my camera assign serial numbers to each image taken...it rolls over at 9999 but it's not too hard to figure out how many times that's happened.
    That's default for all cameras but this gives you a fixed, easily identifiable way to check a camera's actuations - not just for you, but it's great for used equipment as well.
    You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel.

My Travel | Costa Rica | Galapagos | Peru | Tanzania: Kilimanjaro & Safari |

don't make me kick your ass Quo Fan's Avatar
    Doesn't work for Canon DSLR, Pentax P&S or Kodak P&S. I checked.
    Tact is for people not witty enough to be sarcastic.

Wrench

The voice of reason binary visions's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quo Fan View Post
    Doesn't work for Canon DSLR, Pentax P&S or Kodak P&S. I checked.
    Right. I don't think any other brand actually tracks that figure in a user-accessible location. I know Canon at least has the capability to read your actuation count at the service centers but there's no accessible way.
    You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel.

My Travel | Costa Rica | Galapagos | Peru | Tanzania: Kilimanjaro & Safari |