Quantcast

gonefirefightin

free wieners
hey @gonefirefightin if this all falls through want to come out in August and do it? I'll pay all your costs + $10k? :D
Sorry neighbor, haven't been following along as of late since I've been getting all my turds in a bundle. I am assuming you are referring to your deck project, august is out for me as that is Yellowstone month and I will be putting aside my build to chip in for that.

Besides, it sounds like you need a permit for that and I haven't been licensed since 2008 when I became retired. If your contractors are as shitty as the ones around here I will be surprised if it gets done under budget and before the frost.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
oh, I'm quite sure this outfit isn't licensed

but I do have a building permit. and an actual plan. so legit on those fronts at least.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
@Toshi, what is your current ebike? I'm thinking about jobs back in the city and I'm curious about these e-moped/bike hybrids I've seen. I want something that can pass a bike on the bike path, but will save me some energy and time with a throttle. Looking at the Ariel bikes but curious if there's anything else out there.

I have a bike path commute for about 50%, then it'll be some city streets and urban warfare, then bike lanes in the more civilized parts of the city. Current bike is great for what I do, but I'll have to pass through additional bits that are going to suck more.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
commuter bike is a Juiced RipCurrent S. throttle to 20 mph if one so desires. pedal assist with the limit nominally set at 35 mph but due to the voltage and kV of the motor 30 mph with me pedaling briskly is the realistic max. I usually cruise at 24-28 mph putting out maybe 100W myself.

I would not recommend fat bike wheels and 26 x 4" tires for anyone, though. ragrets

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
the compressor on our 2015-era Samsung fridge has started to sing the song of its people
so this noise stopped on its own

still having Mr. Appliance come out for a service call tomorrow. perhaps he will spot something wrong with it via familiarity, and worst case I'm out 3/4 the price of going out to Thai Pot once with the fam

edit: second thoughts this morning and cancelled the appointment, as it's silent once again and holding temp just fine

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Mariko played pretty well at her recital.

audition earlier was another story: neither she nor my wife actually read through the instructions well enough to figure out that she needed a solo excerpt as well. so she had the orchestral excerpts worked up well enough but no solo. she pulled one out of the back of her hat but had a memory lapse after the page turn, apparently (I wasn't in the room).

as depicted above also got some free sod from a neighbor going xeriscape. picked it up in the Land Cruiser, laid it down, vacuumed out said Land Cruiser, and moved the mulch from one of the two areas going to be concreted over to some other areas abutting the house from which the mulch has long since flown away

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
so this noise stopped on its own

still having Mr. Appliance come out for a service call tomorrow. perhaps he will spot something wrong with it via familiarity, and worst case I'm out 3/4 the price of going out to Thai Pot once with the fam

edit: second thoughts this morning and cancelled the appointment, as it's silent once again and holding temp just fine

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Forms laid out, base set down and compacted, and tied-in-to-existing-pad rebar in place. Concrete pour tomorrow.

IMG_2690.jpeg
IMG_2691.jpeg
IMG_2689.jpeg
IMG_2692.jpeg