Quantcast

New Whip? New toys for the dependable steed?

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
Does anyone you do a bike fit for find that the 12deg sweep helps with pain or numbness?
I tried from 12 to 5 backsweep, I tried the SQ lab in the pic, hated it and went back to 6 back six up. Soft grips were the only thing that really helped, other than time off work, oh and not riding a hardtail.
i find i can ride longer stretches of trail with them before feeling i need a break to shake the wrists and hands
also they have a nice flex. had some 35mm race face carbon bars before and found them way too stiff

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
New nickname incoming?
Soft Tail Sally.
FWIW, my dual sus has been ridden twice since I got my curent hardtail and that was only to see if I could crack the top tube.
I'm gonna get one of those wall stickers, "Hardtail is love, Hardtail is life."

The dual sus bike has been stripped of many parts and is unridable, the little Torrent isn't far off dream bike build for me now, it was supposed to be the $2000 back up bike, hahaha!

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Drop the nose if you pedal bikes up steep stuff. Mountain bikes aren't meant to be ridden on flat ground or descended on while seated, so the traditional saddle position of a road bike isn't relevant.

What's your recommendation or what do you find a good tilt and or a good saddle? I know people are different but is there one that stands out