Quantcast

Saturday GMT - Aurora edition

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Like a feral dog - out on the rez I've pulled more than 40 off dog in one sitting several times. There will be like 4 trying to latch on to the same piece of skin and they come off in clumps.
That's crazy, do you get paralysis ticks?

I told my neighbours I thought their dog had a paralysis tick but they told me he was just getting old.
Two days later they took him to the vet because a paralysis tick had messed him up a fair bit.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
back in 2002 I was on a fire in Hazard County Kentucky, I think it was the Redbird Fall fire, a standard coal seam deal in leaf litter. blowers and swatters kind of gig. Laid down for a short nap during lunch, when I got back to the truck and took off my shirt at the end of my shift my back was covered in ticks, scratched them off my back using a telephone pole (bear style), got back to camp and swaggered into the medical tent to have a couple of fine southern EMT belle's pick out the heads and the rest with tweezers for about 30 min.
I got chiggers that way in Virginia. had to put this cream that killed them and burned me all over and leave it on for 12 hours. not fun